Voices of Conscience
(Ret.) Ann Wright
Tuesday, Jan 18, 20226 p.m. - Speak at 1st Meeting of Korea Peace Now Hawaii Grassroots Chapter
Zoom in Honolulu
Contact Christine Ahn
The Korea Peace Now! Grassroots Network aims to:
· Increase public understanding of the unresolved Korean War as the root cause of the 70-year-old conflict between the US and North Korea
· Advocate for the formal end to the Korean War with a peace agreement as the main solution to the ongoing US-North Korea conflict
· The unresolved Korean War is the root cause of the conflict, as well as the intensifying arms race and nuclear proliferation on the Korean Peninsula.
· Seventy years is enough! It’s time to officially end the Korean War with a peace agreement to reduce the risk of nuclear war and allow separated families to reunite.
· The multiple crises we face today cannot be resolved militarily. It’s time to shift priorities from war and militarism to urgent human needs.
· We must take steps to build trust and reduce tensions, such as suspending the costly and provocative US-ROK combined military exercises and ending sanctions that hurt ordinary people.
· For lasting peace on the Korean Peninsula, women and civil society must be involved at all levels of the peace process.
Download information: https://koreapeacenow.org/resources/
Wednesday, Jan 19, 20223 p.m. - Speak on U.S. Foreign Policy
For Primer on Foreign Policy for Congressional Candidates
contact David Swanson
Ann Wright, David Swanson, and more guests to discuss U.S. militarism, out-of-control Pentagon spending, and why it’s critical that every candidate for the U.S. Congress has a foreign policy platform.
Read and download the Foreign Policy Primer here.
7 p.m. - Speak at Sunset Beach, HI Community meeting
About National Security and Red Hill Jet Fuel contamination
Contact Lynell De Mate
Saturday, Jan 22, 20222 p.m. - Events on Anniversary of the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons